Saturday, March 27, 2010

I am special


I know that advertising is an art (in other words, nobody seems to know how it works). But while some ads that make no sense do work (this is because people make no sense), other ads makes you think what went through the mind of the people behind them. Can anyone, for example, explain the thinking behind this banner, which popped up on my screen recently ? 



Is it the type of ad that tried to make me feel unique and special, being one of only 400 million people? Or maybe it’s the type of ad that should make me feel that I am not alone, but rather part of the herd? And why should I claim this award anyway? After all, even if they had a large budget for this award, let’s say $40 million, each award cannot be worth more than a dime. Do you still feel lucky to see the lucky banner?

Next banner please.

No comments: