Saturday, February 7, 2009

Well Done Post Office



The post office – of which I have been a good customer for year– has always provided the worst service of any financial institution: internet and telephone banking have been substandard, the queues have been long, the clerks uninformed, and every simple request takes for forever.

But some things happen fast

Due to my travelling, I missed a £12 payment. Normally such a small amount would roll with some interest and fee into my next statement, sometimes with a polite reminder.

Not any longer.

Within four days I have received a warning letter saying that: "according to Consumer Credit Act 1974 I have defaulted and have to immediately remedy the situation before any further legal action would take place."

Four days? 12 pounds? Are they serious? At least it explains where they put their resources, and why  and why everything else takes forever.

No comments: